Spring Break is here! A week off from testing, notes, and studying. So, trying to keep it real, we have found a few places to check out this March that will not leave you and the kids broke.
For the kiddies:
- By now you have surely heard about SA’s newest hot spot, Topgolf! Topgolf offers an exclusive kids club for kids 12 and under and signing up is completely free! Enjoy Jenga, video games, and much more. Talk about a parent’s dream.
- Preschoolers 3-5 can enjoy BOTH Sea World San Antonio parks free. Unfortunately, you still need to pay for admission for yourself and for children 5 years and old but you save up to $75!
- Over these past few years, our wonderful city has done an excellent job of revitalizing and restoring our Parks and Rec. This entire Spring Break can be spent at a park with a different activity each day. Try biking, fishing, kayaking, skating, or simply just hanging out on the playground. Visit the San Antonio Parks and Recreation site to find the best spots for you and your fam bam.
- The Cat will be in town this Spring Break. The Magik Theater will be performing “The Cat in the Hat” at McCombs Empire Theater. Tickets start as low as $15! Catch the Cat from March 10th through the 15th.
- You and the kids can enjoy arts and crafts, a photo booth, and performances by Ballet San Antonio at Spring Break Family Day: Unwrapped at the McNay. This event is free with a can of food donation for the San Antonio Food Bank! Experience Spring Break Family Day on March 10th, 11th, and 12th.
For the adults:
- Start St. Patty’s Day early at the South Texas Alamo Irish Festival starting on March 14th, 12-7 p.m. Celebrate the Irish heritage with authentic Irish music, dancing, food, and craft vendors. Don’t forget to wear something green!
- Speaking of green….Enjoy the Hawaiian band The Green perform at 210 Kapones. The Green previously opened for Bruno Mars and are on tour now supporting their latest album Hawai’i. Tuesday March 10.
- Every Tuesday the Havana Hotel hosts an evening of Latin music with Havana Hi-Fi. Sip on their awesome drinks while listening to psychedelic, soul, funk, and Afro-Latin sounds from 7-10 p.m.
- Check out Ladies Night: An Exhibit by the Women of San Antonio on Thursday, March 12th from 5:30 to 9pm at Studio 455, as part of Contemporary Art Month. The show celebrates the outstanding works of San Antonio female artists.
Whether you’re a parent (or not), or are just looking to keep the kids busy, enjoy the break in the streets of San Antonio!