Summer is finally upon us San Antonio! Whatever your summer plans call for, we have come up with some new places around town and some old ones you may have not tried yet, that can occupy your summertime. Get outside and enjoy San Antonio!
- DoSeum – The new San Antonio Children’s Museum, now known as The DoSeum, is officially open! With 6 permanent exhibitions there’s something for everyone. Kids or not, The DoSeum is a must this summer!
- Raspa Date – Describing summers in San Antonio as “hot” would be an understatement. This summer will be no exception. For those unbearable days, gather the kids or a group of friends and cool down with a raspa (snow cones/shaved ice) date. People of San Antonio take their raspa toppings seriously. Try Big Daddy’s Eats & Treats and Las Nieves Fruit Cups for tasty coldness.
- SA Boys of Summer – Baseball fan? Check out a San Antonio Missions game this summer. If you’re not into baseball, simply go just for the $1 beers, delicious hot dogs, the giant jalapeño mascot and the beautiful summer nights. With free giveaways, $2 Tuesdays, $1 Night, and post game fireworks, Nelson Wolff Stadium is a summer hot spot.
- Outdoor Movies – Relive some childhood memories with an outdoor movie on a warm night. SA has three awesome spots you can enjoy a good movie. Grab a blanket, lawn chairs and relax with a movie under the stars. Mission Marquee Plaza (former Mission Drive-In) and Slab Cinema have teamed up to show movies every Saturday until September 26th. Shows start at dusk! Every Friday Splashtown offers movies at sunset! Best part? Movies are shown in the wave pool, so dip your toes in the pool and stay cool! And, Travis Park offers Movies by Moonlight every Tuesday during June and July. Pre entertainment starts at 7:30 and show starts at 8:00. Free parking is available.
- Go Fish – We know SA may not be known as a fishing spot destination, but we have some pretty nice spots to try this summer. If you like to fish, keep it local. Go alone for some relaxation or invite a group and make a party of it! Be sure and call ahead or visit their sites for rules and regulations. Try Millers Pond, Braunig Lake, Calaveras Lake, and Brackenridge Park, San Antonio River.
Whatever you have planned this summer in SA, we want to be a part of it. So tag on us on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, or use #keepSAreal! #keepsareal is a year around thing, and summers in SA can be fun, exciting, and hot … really hot. So stay cool and have some fun, SA!