In case you hadn’t noticed all of the red and pink heart-type stuff around, Valentine’s Day is near. We’re here to remind you that this day isn’t just about personal, romantic relationships (or the lack, thereof) but about love, in general. So, whether you’re doing it up couple style, or hanging with friends, here are a few traditional, and non-traditional ways to celebrate your love in S.A.
- It’s Dia De Los Enamorados at Ocho at Hotel Havana. Their delicious four-course meal is $75 per person, and reservations are required. Overlooking the “quiet stretch” of the River Walk, Ocho is simply romantic for an enjoyable Valentine’s dinner. (Sigh.)
- Sam’s Burger Joint never disappoints. Enjoy a chill V-Day with their famous burgers and live performances by Amanda Shires and Jamie Wilson. The show starts at 9pm and ticket prices range from $10 to $40.
- Whether you’re a Beatles fanatic or just a fan of amazing music, you have to check out Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles. Straight from Broadway, this show is a sure treat for you and your date (or pals, or family)! Playing at the beautiful Majestic Theater, you can grab tickets for the 14th 2pm and 8pm shows. Ticket prices range from $40 to $70.
- For the runners and swole mates the Cupid’s Chase 5K is must! If you’re feeling the love this Valentine’s day, this race is a great way to share it because all the proceeds benefit people with disabilities. Registration begins at 8am and the race starts promptly at 9am at McAllister Park.
- Howl at the Moon is hosting their annual Love Sux: An Anti-Valentine’s Day Party on February 14th, of course! Starting at 5pm, show up with a “mutilated picture of your ex” (sounds scary) and get in for free! There will be drink specials, dueling pianists, and games with $500 in prizes and dinero. This isn’t for haters of love, it’s more for lovers of alcohol, or something like that.
No matter how you celebrate Valentine’s Day, do it with heart, San Antonio.